When picking out an engagement ring, it’s easy to get caught up in the size of the diamond. It’s important that you don’t forget about other aspects of your ring that can make it look bigger, too.
Here, we will discuss how to choose a band, setting and many more tricks to help make your ring look bigger than its actual size. After reading this article, you’d be ready to purchase the perfect engagement ring Sydney for your loved one.
1) Pick a band with structure. A solid thick band can make your ring look thicker even if it’s the same width as another, so long as there are no gaps between the stones.
2) Be aware of the setting that you choose for your stone. If you have an open prong or tension set engagement ring, then adding small diamonds to any gap will also help give the appearance of a bigger diamond because it closes off some space between your centre stone and its setting.
3) Keep in mind how much metal is on either side of your centre stone when looking at different styles online before purchasing one. You may think something looks great but once you see it in person, the proportions might not work out perfectly due to this reason.
4) Add more diamonds elsewhere. If you have a solitaire diamond ring, consider adding smaller diamonds to the band. This will give the illusion of more sparkle and can help make your ring look bigger in total.
5) Look for slightly overscaled rings. Overscaling is when a jeweller deliberately makes a setting or band larger than necessary so that it appears grander on the finger.
6) Consider having your ring professionally sized. Sometimes even if you order the correct size online, there can be slight variations due to how each finger is shaped. A professional jeweller can often make adjustments to ensure that your ring fits perfectly without making it look too small or large on your hand.
7) Consider oval cuts. For some people, round diamonds just don’t suit their fingers. If you’re aware of this when looking at engagement rings, then oval cuts might be your best bet. They appear larger because of their elongated structure, but they won’t look as overwhelming on the finger.
On that note, you might also want to try marquise or emerald cuts. You’ll notice that all of them look larger than their actual carat weight.
8) Always keep it clean. A ring with clean, shiny diamonds will always look bigger than one with dull or dirty diamonds. Make sure to have your ring cleaned and inspected by a professional at least once a year.
Get creative! There are many different ways to make your engagement ring appear bigger and more unique than others. Talk to a jeweller about customising a setting or band that will work best for you and your diamond.
We hope these tips help you on your way to finding the perfect engagement ring that looks as amazing as possible!
Leave a Reply